At Park Avenue Dermatology, Dr. Glodny and Dr. Warner, can assist you in determining the type of skin you have. From oily to dry, we can assess your skin and provide recommendations to balance oils, reduce acne, and tame the fine lines and wrinkles associated with aging skin.
What Are the Different Skin Types?
- Oily. Oily skin is usually characterized by enlarged pores, a shiny complexion, and acne. Oils produced by the sebaceous glands mix with sweat and dead skin cells to give an oily appearance to the skin.
- Dry. Dry skin feels tight and can be itchy or flaky. It lacks natural oils that keep it hydrated and can be prone to sensitivity.
- Combination. Combination skin is a combination of the two above-mentioned types, with an oily T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) and dryness around the cheeks, jawline, and temples.
- Sensitive. Sensitive skin can become inflamed easily when exposed to environmental elements, like extreme temperatures or strong fragrances, making it prone to irritation.
- Normal. Normal skin is balanced and feels neither too oily nor too dry. It has few imperfections, a smooth texture, and looks healthy and vibrant.
- Mature or aging skin. This type of skin tends to be dryer than other types and is prone to wrinkles, sagging, dark spots, and age lines. It usually lacks elasticity and firmness.
- Acne-prone skin. Acne-prone skin has excess sebum (oil) production that can cause breakouts regularly. This type of skin may also be sensitive or oily.
Which Products Are Best for My Skin Type?
At Park Avenue Dermatology, Dr. Glodny and Dr.Warner can evaluate your skin to determine the type of skin you have before making recommendations for skincare products. We can assist in developing a routine that fits your needs and your unique skin and may include cleansers, toners, and moisturizers. By working with a skilled professional, you can see the results of quality products over time!
Request an Appointment With Park Avenue Dermatology Today
Our dermatologists are here to help you determine your skin type and the products best for balancing your skin’s needs. If you live in or around the area of New York, NY and are seeking an experienced dermatology team, call our practice today at 212-752-3692 to request a consultation visit.