Chemical Peels at Park Avenue Dermatology
At Park Avenue Dermatology, we offer a wide range of brightening and skin refreshment treatments. One of our most sought after techniques are chemical peels. At Park Avenue Dermatology we specifically utilize Gltyone’s professional peel systems to offer the most effective results and with minimal downtime. Contact us today to schedule your Park Avenue Chemical Peel treatment today.
How Do Chemical Peels in NYC Work?
Chemical peels are known as chemical exfoliants and work by gently removing the top layer of our outer most layer of skin, the stratum corneum. This “extra” ad unwanted layer of our skin is often times what contains the evidence of free radicals/oxidation, photo/sun/UV damage as well as debris and toxins from our environment. By using chemical exfoliants to remove this layer we can allow a healthier layer of your skin to take its place; revealing a brighter, smoother, and renewed surface.
More specifically, Glytone utilizes the patented Enerpeel technologies along with Precision Free Acid Value™(PFAV™). Precision Free Acid Value™ demonstrates the amount of bioavailable Glycolic Acid in a formula, delivering optimal levels to moisturize, exfoliate, smooth and polish skin. The benefits of PFAV™ include:
- Delivers more free Glycolic Acid to the skin to achieve a higher efficacy.
- Allows skin to have a customized system with varying strengths of AHA.
- Provides rapid, visible, and predictable results
What Can I Expect During a Chemical Peel Treatment in New York City?
Each peel procedure takes around 20 minutes depending on the type of peel and number of layers applied. During the procedure, a mild tingling, itching, or heating sensation may be temporarily experienced.
After the procedure, your skin may feel tight and some flaking and peeling may occur. This is normal and should not be cause for concern. All peel procedures increase the skin’s sensitivity to heat so it’s best to try avoid being in the sun while recovering to help ensure optimal results.
What Conditions Can Chemical Peels in Manhattan Help?
Chemical peels can help target a variety of unique skin concerns, like acne, signs of aging, hyperpigmentation, sun spots and UV photo damage. Additionally, at Park Ave. Derm. we use chemical peels to target more detailed and patient specific concerns on the face, hands, back & chest, eyes, and neck. Each of these non-invasive procedures can help to support collagen production and resurface the skin to maintain optimal skin health. Other benefits include:
- Reduces appearance of dark spots such as sun spots and freckles.
- Improves appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, skin texture, and tone.
- Provides immediate skin brightening effect.
- Helps to treat acne and excessively oily skin.
- Helps to treat skin growths such as seborrheic keratosis and skin tags.
- Helps to treat inflammatory and cystic acne.
Post-Procedure Care For Chemical Peels in New York City
- Avoid sun exposure by wearing protective clothing and sunscreen
- Do not rub, scratch, or pull on the areas that were treated
- Avoid using products with retinoids, AHAs, or BHAs until the skin has completely healed
- Do not use scrubs or abrasive cleansers
- Wait a minimum of 2 hours before contact with water
We offer the following peels:
- Glycolic Acid or Salicylic Acid
- Trichloroacetic Acid(TCA)
- Lactic Acid
- Jessner’sPeel (resorcinol)
Schedule Your Chemical Peel Treatment in Manhattan
Contact us today to schedule your chemical peel consultation in NYC and to discuss other skin care treatments at Park Avenue Dermatology. We look forward to taking care of you and welcoming you to our Park Ave Derm family.