Chemical Peels at Park Ave Derm
At Park Ave. Derm. we offer a wide range of brightening and skin refreshment treatments. One of our most sought after techniques are chemical peels. At Park Ave. Derm. we specifically utilize Gltyone’s professional peel systems to offer the most effective results and with minimal downtime.
How do they work?
Chemical peels are known as chemical exfoliants and work by gently removing the top layer of our outer most layer of skin, the stratum corneum. This “extra” ad unwanted layer of our skin is often times what contains the evidence of free radicals/oxidation, photo/sun/UV damage as well as debris and toxins from our environment. By using chemical exfoliants to remove this layer we can allow a healthier layer of your skin to take its place; revealing a brighter, smoother, and renewed surface.
More specifically, Glytone utilizes the patented Enerpeel technologies along with Precision Free Acid Value™(PFAV™). Precision Free Acid Value™ demonstrates the amount of bioavailable Glycolic Acid in a formula, delivering optimal levels to moisturize, exfoliate, smooth and polish skin. The benefits of PFAV™ include:
- Delivers more free Glycolic Acid to the skin to achieve a higher efficacy.
- Allows skin to have a customized system with varying strengths of AHA.
- Provides rapid, visible, and predictable results
What conditions do they work for?
Chemical peels can help target a variety of unique skin concerns, like acne, signs of aging, hyperpigmentation, sun spots and UV photo damage. Additionally, at Park Ave. Derm. we use chemical peels to target more detailed and patient specific concerns on the face, hands, back & chest, eyes, and neck. Each of these non-invasive procedures can help to support collagen production and resurface the skin to maintain optimal skin health. Other benefits include:
- Reduces appearance of dark spots such as sun spots and freckles.
- Improves appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, skin texture, and tone.
- Provides immediate skin brightening effect.
- Helps to treat acne and excessively oily skin.
- Helps to treat skin growths such as seborrheic keratosis and skin tags.
- Helps to treat inflammatory and cystic acne.
Types Of Chemical Peels We Offer:
- Glycolic Acid
- Salicylic Acid
- Trichloroacetic Acid(TCA)
- Lactic Acid
- Jessner’sPeel (resorcinol)
What to expect?
Each peel procedure takes around 20 minutes depending on the type of peel and number of layers applied. During the procedure, a mild tingling, itching, or heating sensation may be temporarily experienced. The day after:
- The day after the procedure, the skin may feel tight
- 3 to 14 days out, flaking and peeling may occur, although not required to achieve optimal results
- All peel procedures may cause sensitivity to heat and sun for several days
- Follow post-peel care routines for optimal results
Post procedure care:
- Avoid sun exposure by wearing protective clothing and sunscreen
- Do not rub, scratch, or pull on the areas that were treated
- Avoid using products with retinoids, AHAs, or BHAs until the skin has completely healed
- Do not use scrubs or abrasive cleansers
- Wait a minimum of 2 hours before contact with water.
Schedule a Chemical Peel in NYC
Contact us today to schedule your cosmetic consultation for your Chemical Peels in NYC and other skin care treatments at Park Avenue Dermatology. We look forward to caring for you and your skin. Welcome to the Park Ave. Derm. family.